Fresno Yosemite International Airport is encouraging people to register for TSA PreCheck in anticipation of a busy Summer travel season.
The big picture: Airport officials are hosting a TSA PreCheck enrollment event from May 15-May 19. While appointments are already booked for Monday and Tuesday, anyone interested in registering can make appointments for the rest of the week.
- Anyone interested is asked to start the application online and select an appointment time.
- TSA PreCheck allows passengers to keep their shoes, belt and light jackets on as well as keep their laptops in cases and their toiletries in a carry-on as they go through security.
- The application fee is $78 dollars and needs to be renewed every five years.
What we’re watching: Current projections for the Summer travel season expect to have over 31,000 travelers screened through TSA security weekly at Fresno Yosemite International Airport.
- Airport officials anticipate the busiest travel days to be Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays, and the busiest times at the security checkpoint are 4:30 a.m. to 6 a.m., 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. to midnight.
What they’re saying: Fresno Director of Aviation Henry Thompson said the airport is excited to bring this enrollment opportunity to travelers and urged people to register to make their Summer travels easier.
- “On average, 89 percent of TSA PreCheck-eligible travelers wait five minutes or less to be screened through the security checkpoint,” said Henry Thompson, FAT Director of Aviation. “This statistic alone should motivate travelers to enroll as a Trusted Traveler and streamline their airport travel experience.”