UC Merced will be highlighted on an Amazon Prime show that showcases universities around the world.
The university announced that it will be featured on The College Tour.
The big picture: The College Tour is a half-hour show that focuses on a single school for the episode, highlighting campus life, academics, athletics and other activities.
- Amazon Prime sent the film crew to campus last October, and 10 students were chosen for the program after a casting call went out earlier in the semester.
- The College Tour is in its 10th season and has profiled over 100 schools since it started in 2020.
- The series’ 11th season will premiere in May, which will include the UC Merced episode.
- However, UC Merced is hosting a premiere watch party on Feb. 8, followed by a questions and answer session with the students who appeared on the episode.
- The event will begin at 6 p.m. in the Dr. Vikram and Priya Lakireddy Ballroom and will be free to attend.