Actor Pierce Brosnan has been charged with trespassing in a thermal area while visiting Yellowstone National Park.
Driving the news: Brosnan allegedly walked in an off-limits area called Mammoth Terraces on Nov. 1, near the Wyoming-Montana line.
- Two federal citations were issued to Brosnan for his actions.
- The former James Bond actor is scheduled for a mandatory court appearance on Jan. 23 in the courtroom of Yellowstone National Park.
- Brosnan was on a personal visit to the park and not for film work.
- Mammoth Terraces is a scenic area with mineral-encrusted hot springs, one of the park’s many thermal features.
- Straying off the designated trails in these areas can be dangerous, with visitors risking severe burns.
- Trespassing in Yellowstone can result in legal consequences including jail time, fines, and bans from the park.