Two California schools that Fresno State fans have been hoping to see play the Bulldogs in Valley Children’s Stadium are finally coming to the Central Valley.
Fresno State announced Tuesday that Stanford and UCLA have each agreed to a home-and-home series with Fresno State.
The big picture: Fresno State will open its next series with UCLA in 2024 with a road game, filling the last nonconference spot for next year.
- UCLA will make the return trip to Fresno nine years from now in 2032.
- The Bulldogs will have to wait until 2028 to see Stanford make the trek to the Central Valley.
- Fresno State will return the favor shortly after in 2029.
- UCLA will be a member of the Big 10 when the Bulldogs play the Bruins, and Stanford is moving to the ACC.
The backstory: While Fresno State has not played either school many times throughout the year, the Bulldogs have more of a history with UCLA than Stanford, including exciting games over the last several years.
- UCLA owns the series record 6-4 over the Bulldogs, but Fresno State has won the last four games, dating back to 2003.
- Fresno State has only played Stanford three times, and the games might as well be considered ancient history as far as college football is concerned.
- The Bulldogs and Cardinal played in 1926, 1927 and 1928 with Stanford winning all three games at home.
What we’re watching: Along with UCLA on the schedule for next year, Fresno State will make another trip to Big 10 territory to take on Michigan.
- In 2025, the Bulldogs will play at Kansas and at Oregon State, while the following year will see Fresno State return to Los Angeles to play USC.
- The Bulldogs also have a series against Washington State scheduled for 2026 and 2027, but future conference realignment could turn those nonconference matchups into conference games.
- Fresno State also has games scheduled against Washington in 2027, another road trip to USC in 2028, a home game against Texas Tech in 2029, games against Kansas and Texas Tech in 2030, another trip to Kansas in 2031 and an additional road game at Texas Tech in 2032.