The 2019 hospital safety grades from the Leapfrog Group, a nonprofit hospital safety organization, are in for Valley hospitals.
The group utilizes a survey from hospitals to evaluate a wide array of metrics to determine its grades.
Such metrics include infection prevention, surgery issues, general preventative measures related to day-to-day errors, and medical staff supervision.
The group grades hospitals on an A-F scale.
Here are the grades for Stanislaus and Merced County hospitals:
- Doctors Medical Center of Modesto: A
- Emanuel Medical Center, Turlock: B
- Mercy Medical Center, Merced: C
- Memorial Medical Center of Modesto: C
Here are the grades for Fresno and Madera County hospitals:
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital: A
- Adventist Medical Center, Selma: A
- St. Agnes Medical Center: C
- Madera Community Hospital: C