As Stockton investigators continue to appeal for leads to catch the person — or persons — responsible for serial killings spanning over a year, police have released video of a person of interest and said ballistics tests have connected all seven attacks.
The video shows a person dressed in dark clothing from head to toe walking down a hallway. The person had their hands in their pockets as they walked out of view.
Stockton Police Chief Stanley McFadden at Tuesday’s briefing also noted how “upright” the person of interest’s posture was in the video. McFadden added that the person seen in the video released Tuesday had been captured in video from different incidents.
“Pay attention to the uneven stride that this person has,” McFadden said of the video.
McFadden said they were able to learn a few more details about the suspected assailant from a woman who is the only known survivor of the string of shootings.
The police chief said a 46-year-old Black woman biked to an encampment at Park and Union streets in Stockton. The woman was by a tent when she saw a man, dressed in all dark clothing, wearing a dark face mask and a dark jacket. She said the man was anywhere between 5 foot 10 inches to 6 foot 2 inches.
The woman told police that no words were exchanged between them and that she tried defending herself by advancing toward him. She was hit multiple times by gunfire.
This shooting happened April 16, 2021, around 3:20 a.m., and it still remains to this date the only known attack where someone survived.
Get the full story: Read more.