Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is returning to the Central Valley next month for another fundraiser for his presidential campaign.
The September will come just a few months after he pitched GOP donors at a Harris Ranch event in June.
The backstory: The June 19 fundraiser, hosted by Harris Construction owner Richard Spencer and Harris Farms Chairman John Harris, ran $3,300 a plate for donors.
- DeSantis started the day in Sacramento and continued on to Southern California after meeting with donors in Coalinga for lunch as part of his two-day California swing.
- DeSantis took the opportunity to pitch his vision for America, discussing energy production, the pervasive nature of “woke ideology” in sectors such as the criminal justice system, border security and other topics.
Driving the news: Spencer and his wife, Karen, are hosting DeSantis for a luncheon roundtable on Sep. 28. The location will be provided to donors when the RSVP for the event.
- Tickets for the general luncheon cost $1,500, which starts at 1 p.m.
- Donors can give $3,300 for two tickets and be part of the host committee, $6,600 for four tickets and preferred seating to be a co-chair of the event and $11,600 gets six tickets, a reserved table and status as an event chair.
- The VIP reception for donors opting for the higher-level packages starts at 12:30.