Cookies Fresno, a new retail cannabis dispensary, is opening its doors to business on Sunday.
This will be the fourth retail dispensary to open in Fresno.
The big picture: Cookies Fresno is located at 5048 N. Blackstone Ave at the northeast corner of the intersection with Shaw Ave.
- The 3,000 square-foot store will be open every day from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Cookies founder and CEO Gilbert Anthony Milam – known by his stage name Berner – will be on hand with local owner Kacey Auston, a local political consultant, for Sunday’s grand opening.
- The grand opening will feature a meet and greet with Berner, who will participate in a brief ribbon cutting ceremony.
- Anyone interested in attending the grand opening or shopping at Cookies Fresno has to be at least 21 years of age.
- Auston is partnering with cannabis retail, cultivation and distribution platform TRP to launch the dispensary.
What they’re saying: “Partnering with TRP to launch Cookies Fresno is a proud moment for me,” Auston said. “As a native Fesnan, it’s a dream to bring the renowned Cookies brand to my hometown in a way that creates jobs and gives back culturally and economically to the community that’s shaped me.”
- TRP CEO Brandon Johnson said the launch of Cookies Fresno is a pivotal moment.
- “Fresno represents a crucial market for both TRP and Cookies, and we are excited to join this dynamic community,” Johnson said. “We have prepared for this day, ensuring that Cookies Fresno not only meets – but exceeds – the high standards we set for ourselves and our customers. Our presence in Fresno, a city at the forefront of California’s cannabis market, is a strategic step in expanding our reach and reinforcing our promise to deliver unparalleled cannabis experiences.”