The Fresno Police Department released a video on Friday of an officer involved shooting that took place on Nov. 4, 2023.
There is an on-goign investigation into the incident.
The big picture: On Nov. 4, shortly after 3 a.m., officers responded to a residence in the 5500 block of North Dante Ave. regarding a suicidal male.
- The caller told police that her husband Maximiliano Sosa, 33, had threatened to take his life after a family dispute.
- Around 15 minutes after arriving at the scene, officers noticed Sosa driving in the parking lot. Sosa nearly hit one of the officers before speeding off.
- Officers were speaking with the 9-1-1 caller inside her apartment when Sosa called her. He was hostile on the phone and made threats to kill himself and to hurt the officers.
- He returned to the apartment at 4:35 a.m. holding a pair of kitchen shears and made threats to stab the officers and force them to shoot him.
- Sosa walked out of the apartment door toward an officer standing outside. An officer deployed his taser, which was ineffective. Sosa then charged toward the officers with the shears, and three officers discharged their weapons at him.
- Officers immediately began medical aid on Sosa until paramedics arrived. Sosa was pronounced dead at the scene.
Watch the video: Fresno Police warn that the video contains graphic images taken from Axon body-cameras and is not suitable for all viewers.