One of Food Network’s most popular hosts is headed to Fresno.
Food Network host and personality Alton Brown will be a guest at the San Joaquin Valley Town Hall lecture series next April.
Driving the news: Brown highlights the 87th season for the San Joaquin Valley Town Hall Lecture Series, which announced six speakers for the monthly event spanning from October to April.
- In October, the lecture series will host Amber Straughn, who will present Unfolding the Universe with NASA’s James Webb Telescope.
- Cedric Alexander will follow in November with a presentation on the future of public safety in America.
- January will welcome Cristina Mittermeier to talk about climate change through her photography.
- In February, Christine Baranski will talk about her journey from Broadway to Hollywood.
- Ken Duckworth will be the guest in March and will discuss mental health.
The backstory: Brown has long been a host on the Food Network, writing and hosting his signature show Good Eats on the network from 1999 to 2012.
- He has also served as the play-by-play announcer for Iron Chef America, as well as hosting the cooking competition series Cutthroat Kitchen.