Airports nationwide, including Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT), will be busy during the Thanksgiving travel period, which begins Friday, November 17 and concludes on Tuesday, November 28.
What you need to know: The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) projects the busiest days during the 12-day travel period are the Tuesday and Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving and the Sunday afterward. Passengers are encouraged to arrive early at the airport up to two hours prior to domestic flight departures and up to three hours prior to international flights.
- Check with your airline on flight status before leaving for the airport. Convenient flight status links are available on most airline websites and mobile apps, or passengers may call their airline for information.
- Pack smart and start with empty bags to avoid bringing prohibited items through the TSA checkpoint. Check the “What Can I Bring?” page on TSA.gov for a list of prohibited items.
- If you plan to travel with a firearm, properly pack it in a hard-sided, locked case in your checked bag and declare it with the airline at the ticket counter when checking in. Firearms are prohibited in carry-on luggage.
- Review TSA’s 3-1-1 Liquids Rule for carry-on bags. Travelers can bring a quart-sized bag of liquids, aerosols, gels, creams, and pastes in their carry-on bag as long as the containers are 3.4 ounces or less. Containers larger than 3.4 ounces should be packed in checked baggage.
- A Free Cell Phone Waiting Area is available near the terminal for those picking up arriving passengers. Rideshare, Fresno Area Express (FAX), and V-Line can be found in front of the terminal Departures curb.
- The Holiday Music Program at FAT features live musical performances by local pianists and Mariachi Tenochtitlan to entertain travelers and create a festive atmosphere. The terminal is also adorned with decorated and illuminated trees and holiday themed selfie stations.