Fresno State ranks in the top 20 nationally for social mobility by CollegeNet.
This is the university’s third high-ranking for social mobility in the last few months.
The big picture: CollegeNet ranked Fresno State at No. 14 out of 1,198 schools in its 2023 Social Mobility Index.
- The Social Mobility Index measures how universities educate more economically disadvantaged students at lower tuition and graduates them into good-paying jobs.
- Last year Fresno State ranked No. 27 in the list.
- California State University, Dominguez Hills topped the list, followed by Winston-Salem State University and Cal Poly, Pomona.
- There were a total of six CSU campuses in the top 20.
- Fresno State previously ranked at No. 6 in social mobility by the Wall Street Journal and No. 8 by U.S. News and World Report in September.