Corcoran Joint Unified School District has found its next superintendent, hiring one of Visalia Unified’s top executives.
Corcoran Joint Unified announced late Wednesday that it has an agreement in place with Andre Pecina.
The big picture: Pecina will head to Corcoran Joint Unified from Visalia, where he was the Administrator of Communications, Strategy and Outreach.
- Under his leadership, in less than two years his team at VUSD was awarded the 2023 Californai School Board Association Governance Team of the Year and Golden Quill for Outstanding Public Relations.
- Pecina has over 25 years of experience in education, including 10 years as an English and Theater Arts teacher.
- He will start with Corcoran Joint Unified on Feb. 5.
What they’re saying: “We had great candidates to select from. Our common desire was to seek an experienced and proven leader who also had a desire for a long-term commitment to our district and community,” stated Board President Sandra DeLaFuente, “Mr. Pecina possesses all of that, and we are happy that he’s with us.”
- Pecina said he is humbled and blessed to have been appointed by the board.
- “What drew me to Corcoran was the amazing amount of pride the community has in its students and schools, and I am thrilled and ready to partner with the dedicated teachers, staff, families, partners, and Board to take all of our schools and programs to the next level for each and every student to succeed,” Pecina said.