A woman was trapped overnight at a Lake Tahoe ski resort on a gondola last week.
The big picture: Monica Laso spent 15 hours on a gondola at Heavenly Ski Resort, according to a report from KCRA.
- Laso was visiting Lake Tahoe for the first time and was on a ski trip with her friends.
- She was too tired to continue skiing down the mountain, so she approached a worker who guided her to a gondola.
- Laso got into the gondola at 4:58 p.m. and was stuck there when it stopped two minutes later.
- She did not have a phone, so she screamed for help whenever she saw a worker below, but no one could hear her.
- Her friends reported her missing to the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office, but she was not found until the next morning when the gondolas.
What they’re saying: “I screamed desperately until I lost my voice,” Laso told KCRA.
- Heavenly Mountain resort said in a statement that it is investigating the incident.