Kern County’s industrial real estate market continues to make long strides as three companies are expanding their operations in the area.
It comes on the heels of Bakersfield poaching ag supplier M8 Systems from Orange County a couple weeks ago.
The big picture: The three new industrial expansions in Kern County come from The Wonderful Company, a Santa Monica developer, and two Texas companies teaming up to further development at the Tejon Ranch Commerce Center.
- Wonderful Real Estate announced a pre-lease of a 310,000 square-foot distribution facility in Shafter at the Wonderful Industrial Park. The tenant is Building Materials Manufacturing Corporation, which does business as GAF, and is a roofing materials company based out of New Jersey.
- Santa Monica investor Sheldon Appel has been active around the Meadows Field Airport for several years and is developing a series of spec buildings next to the Amazon distribution center, according to a report from the Bakersfield Californian.
- The pair of Texas companies purchased a 600,000 square-foot Dollar General distribution center near the Grapevine and also exercised an option to build a spec building of over 1.1 million square feet at the Tejon Ranch Commerce Center.
What they’re saying: This newfound demand for industrial properties in Kern County illustrates what should be a strong future as the region continues to attract businesses and grow.
- Tejon Ranch spokesperson Barry Zoeller told the Californian that the new developments will continue to attract new tenants and investors to the commerce center.
- “It certainly validates our location, shows that we have a proven superior value proposition, and that major players in the market are bullish on continued demand for logistics space at TRCC,” Zoeller said.