Coronavirus has arrived in Kern County, although the infected individual is not a resident of the county.
County health officials announced Tuesday that the individual tested positive for coronavirus while visiting Kern County.
Public health officials have begun tracing potential contacts for the case and will monitor the health of people that traveled with or were in contact with the individual, the county said in a press release.
County health officials recommend the following measure to protect against coronavirus:
- Wash hands with soap and water often.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. Follow package instructions for proper disinfecting.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay away from work, school or other people if you become sick.